Welcome!

This is your EMWP Summer Institute Book Group blog. You are asked to post at least once a week before and during the Institute. Your group leader will post additional assignments and topics. Check back often. If you have any questions or concerns contact your leader, Cindy – cguillean@gmail.com

Please create new posts rather than just comments since the comments don't readily appear.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Response to Post 1

Originally I requested the "Memoirs" book but was added to Hidden Gems. I am looking forward to reading and discussing this book with my group because I have never specifically taught writing before! I was fortunate to teach Social Studies for the past seven years and after an unexpected layoff, I came back to Eastern to complete my Language Arts endorsement. This coming school year I will be teaching 6th Grade Language Arts for the first time. I am both excited and nervous and my hope is that participating in the Writing Project and this book study will help me become a successful teacher of writing.

1 comment:

  1. Abby, I would still love to read the Memoir book also, so if you want to read both I'd love to talk with you about both. I'm looking forward to hearing what you have to say about our book.

    ReplyDelete